Monday, April 02, 2007

I Survived!

Hello All,

Some of you had heard that Lela was heading up to Sacramento to go to a friend's baby shower. When I first heard of it, I knew that it meant just one thing: 3 on 1! The ultimate scary moment: total responsibility for the children! She left Friday morning and the race to Sunday was on. Thankfully, I came out alright and more importantly, the kids also came out unscathed.

I will say that I was not with them the entire weekend. I dropped them off at Mom's on Saturday around 3 so that I could go out to Irvine. (By the way, THANKS MOM!!!) Our staff had planned an outing to another Orange Country church and then to have dinner together after the service. I sincerely appreciate our staff and their penchant to gather together for "what did you think" sessions! It's really a fun and creative group that God has gathered!

It was an encouragement to see how another church operates. Normally, one might be discouraged, but I found myself excited about the road that Calvary Laguna is on, as in my mind, we are not that far "behind" what this other church was doing. The things that are in our control are absolutely within our reach to do. The increase is the job of the Lord!

If anything, I was again reminded how important it is to remember that every church fits a specific niche (knee-sh!) for specific members of the body of Christ. God has gifted this other church for the people that are attending there. He has gifted them with creative and original people to fill the positions of ministry. But He has done the same for Calvary Laguna and our body will be able to have the same impact as we put our hands to the plow and buy into the worth of God's gifting in our midst. I cannot speak for the rest of the staff, but I left not only encouraged about the road that our church is on, but also really excited to be with our body the next morning! Maybe we should take more trips like this! I say that and then remember that I got home at midnight and had a 5' O Clock wake up call! Again, THANKS MOM!

So now that I think about it, I wasn't with the kids that long at all! Perhaps "survived" might be overstating it a bit! I guess that the real title of this post should be that Mom survived, Lela had a good time, Frank was encouraged, and the kids were loved!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fathers are so dramatic. Two hours with the kids and they're singing the "Don't Leave Me This Way". Lela, I'm so jealous that you got to go on a girls only mini-vaca. You so deserve it 'cause you're a "super mom".

Sounds like you're loving your new assignment at CCL. I'm so happy for you. Just don't forget about us in the IE as you become one with the OC.......EIEIO.

Just checking in. Hugs and kisses.
Patty and the fam

Frank And Lela said...

Patty,

If you had three kids...oh wait...nevermind!

I am not dramatic! I will say that I am always much more appreciative of Lela when she returns from such LONG GRUELING TRIPS!

I am really happy. It's difficult with the commute, but definitely worth the trip every day. I really enjoy the people I am working with.

I do hope that the future will allow us all to hang out a bunch more though. I do miss the Redlands gang tremendously.

Blessings,
F.S.