Saturday, April 21, 2007

Miscellany II

Hello All,

Lela and I had the opportunity to watch our nephew Adam this weekend down in lovely Oceanside. Since that was the case, I thought it might be a good time for another miscellany post. So here it goes...

- We heard about this in Spain last year when we were there. It is now public here. Pope Benedict has reversed the Roman Catholic position on limbo. Check out the article here. If you have no idea what "limbo" is, check out this link. We heard in Spain, a very negative reaction to this, as several generations of good Catholics were forced to pay fees for baptisms that may, according to the Pope, not matter at all.

- We might know what limbo is very soon! This past Tuesday, we put our house on the market for sale. It is an important cog in the machinery with regard to our ministry at Calvary Laguna. We need to sell this house in order to buy in Orange County. It's a delicate time matter, so we ask for your prayers for as smooth a transition as possible.

- Speaking of Calvary Laguna, things are going very well. As I mentioned last week, I spoke for the first time in front of the Sunday Morning service. It was a blessing to do that and have been really thankful for the feedback I have received. I am continuing to teach the Men's Ministry Morning Fill Bible Study, which has been my favorite activity. It's also the easiest travel day, as I leave around 4 AM to get there by 5 for set-up! I might be hosting audio files from this study soon. If so, I'll let you know.

- I have really been enjoying the band 33 Miles lately. Check out their Myspace page here. If you can buy tunes from iTunes, our family suggestion is "Salvation Has A Name." Beautiful tune!

Well, that's it for now. Please do pray that our house will sell in an appropriate time and that we will be able to find something to buy in an equally appropriate time.

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: