Thursday, April 19, 2007

Perhaps I Spoke Too Soon!

Hello All,

In my last post, I wrote about the tension between manufacture and initiative, as they relate to the church. There was a bit of discouragement settling in as I pondered this issue and am thankful to say that I was lifted right out of it by a wonderful testimony on Wednesday.

I was sitting in my office on Wednesday afternoon when a woman came to my door and complimented me on my Sunday sermon. I turned and thanked her, recognizing her from the various activities I had seen her at over my month there. She and I started to talk about ministry and it turns out that she is a wonderful example of a person who, along with her husband, have taken some serious initiative in ministry.

A few years ago, they decided to enter into full time ministry. They run an extensive surf school and camp, that is available to the public, but is very open about their beliefs about Christianity. She told me about the various things that the school does and you could just see the excitement in her eyes as she described the ride that she and her family are on. It is a familiar look that I see people everywhere get when they are doing what God has intended them to do. It is a look of wonder and amazement. You can check out their website here.

I was so thankful that she shared with me, especially in light of what I have been thinking about lately. Her sharing reminded me of so many other people who are taking initiative and ministering where they are. I am reminded of a friend who runs an after school skate program that is evangelical. Another friend who has begun a Bible study for the ladies in her family. Yet another friend who has taken it upon herself to visit a terminal stranger in the hospital.

These people bless my heart and more so, the heart of their Lord and Savior. But that is not only the case, as they are blessed for jumping in, taking initiative and going for it. There is no greater life that to be the extension of the life of Christ in this World. There is no greater rush and greater satisfaction cannot be found.

Initiators: You bless me!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: