Friday, October 20, 2006

Quess What Time This Photo Was Taken?



Hello All,

This photo was taken at 8:00 AM! Truly bizarre to come out of the house and think how you are going to kill whoever messed with the alarm clock, only to find out that it is actually the right time! This happened to me Thursday and then today, I had to get a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like. The sun does not come up in full strength until about 9. It's a little unsettling at first, even somewhat apocalyptic! However, it's going to be cool to do our Sunrise service on Resurrection Sunday! We will be the envy of Churches everywhere : "What! Your Sunrise starts at 8:30 AM!?"

The reason I have been up and out by 8 the last two days was in order to turn my papers in to the proper authorities before the 25th. On Thursday, Pastor Carlos and I went to the Police Station here in Jerez. Immediately, in typical fashion, we were brushed off and told that we needed to go to Cadiz. That was today's trip, which we took by train. Upon coming into the Cadiz Department of Labor building, we were met with the same kind of "helpful" attitude. I am so glad that Carlos was with me, as he is a delight to be with, even in the midst of truly frustrating events. He kept me laughing the entire time, which kept me from going to my "dark place!" Thankfully, in spite of other intentions, we were able to turn in the papers, and they have been marked as received.

Thanks for praying. This part of the story is done. We must continue to pray for the rest of the family's visas to come in. If they do not, we will have to leave again in January. We don't want to do that, so please be in prayer over this issue.

Blessings To The Friends Of Spain,
Frank Sanchez

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank, Lela & Family:

Laura and I are so happy to hear that you made it back and have taken care of Franks visa requirements! I am sorry that we weren't able to say good-bye before you left on Tuesday however it was great seeing you at The Packinghouseon on Sunday! You are in our prayers and are missed here. Our love to you all!! :)