Wednesday, October 11, 2006

PackingHouse College Fellowship

Hello All,

I had the priviledge of speaking to the PackingHouse College Fellowship on Monday night this past week. As many of you know, I spent the last two years of my time at the PackingHouse, serving as the College Pastor. I did so on an interim basis as the College Pastor before me, Pastor Jim Scheer, was busy overseeing the construction of our church's new sanctuary. It was a great time for me, as those two years really served to launch me onto the mission field.

It was wonderful to be with the College Fellowship and my thanks to Jim Scheer for inviting me to come and share. It was great to see the many faces who had just started coming to the PCF when I had begun, still there, faithfully attending and taking part of God's calling for their lives. I was further honored by the testimony of one of the members of the group, Tom Deyoung, who was with me way back when I was the Junior High Pastor. I remember Tom when he was 12. Now, he is a grown, married man who loves Jesus and his lovely wife Leslie.

My message that night was out of John 21, a message that I have been steeping myself in for a few weeks now. To those who were there and to those who were not there, the true subject of my message was that every one of us who calls on the name of Christ, are called also to carry on His work. Jesus told His disciples that He would make them fishers of men. He has to make them that, just like He has to make us fishers of men in our time and generation. I pray that each of you will seek the Spiritual Resource provided by His Holy Spirit in order that you might be equipped for every good work that He has prepared for you personally.

Thank you PCF, for your love and fellowship, and the blessing of your company.

Blessings To The Friends Of Spain,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: