Monday, March 26, 2007

An Explanatory Note

Hello All,

Alright, I know what you're thinking: "Will he ever truly be done!?" The answer is yes, but I wanted to post the slideshow below for the benefit of those who were unable to attend our Spain Team or Spain Chain meetings respectively. It was done in the spirit of what I used to participate in during my years in Youth Group. When I was a teen, we often said goodbye to our friends who were moving out of the area. This happened quite frequently because, at that time, Calvary Chapel of Redlands was filled with military personnel from Norton Airforce base. In fact, I am told that our church had some significance to airplanes that were flying over. It was called the "Calvary Turn!" In fact, services used to feature very loud airplanes going overhead...Anyway, I digress...

So, we would often say goodbye with the same song: "Friends Are Friends Forever" by Michael W. Smith. The scene was almost universally the same with lots of kids locked in arms and tears flowing like crazy. Sometimes, the tears would flow on account of the ones who chose to sing with the accompaniement track! "Maybe singing is not your gift," I would muse internally! Gosh, I am random today. Ok, one last random thought: What often made matters worse was when the girl who got up to sing would break down in the middle of the tune. Then, another set of not-so-gifted singers got up and helped finish the tune! At the time it was touching; today, I can't stop laughing!

Now, it's in this spirit that I put a emotional song that went with this slide show. I really chose it though because the words were a perfect prayer that I felt reflected my heart towards my brothers and sisters in Spain. The words come from the song "Every Day A Celebration" by DeGarmo & Key, an 80's Christian Rock band. I seem to remember that DeGarmo had a cool mullet! Anyway, the words go like this:
Every Day A Celebration
May God Bless you and keep you, as we each go our own way. May the grace of God surround you till He comes And until that day is here, may your hearts be free from fear With every day a celebration of His love I pray the light that comes from Jesus never leaves your smiling face May it light the way for others till He comes And until we see that day, we shall give our lives away With every day a celebration of His love. And when we finally see Him, He'll take our tears away Together we will praise Him, together celebrate. As I sing this exhortation, write these words upon your heart: Every day is ours to serve Him till He comes And to this world's surprise, from the dust we'll someday rise With every day a celebration of His love.
Written by Eddie DeGarmo & Dana Key

See what I mean? Someone pass me the kleenex...

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: