Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goodbye September!

Dear September,

It's likely that I won't miss you. For the most part, I am pretty happy you are gone, especially because of this wretched heat wave that you threw at us in these last couple of days. So September: I bid you adieu!

Hello All,

I thought I would just get that off of my chest. And then, while I was at it, I thought I might just wrap up September with a miscellany post, which is sort of a stop gap in my little blog mind. So here are some things that I have been thinking about lately.

- My daughter Renae really enjoyed her birthday party this last weekend. Lela mentioned to me that the days of big birthday celebrations are inevitably moving toward extinction. I admit that my first thought was one of utter celebration, but then I realized what a sad reality that would be. Probably the very best thing about these birthday parties is the family time. I have had so many great conversations and wonderful laughs at these parties. Of course, there are always the memories of every pinata that the kids have demolished, including the 15 foot Elmo that my Dad brought for one of the kids early birthdays. I believe that it was made of industrial strength steel. In any event, to lose that family time would truly be a sad loss. So with that, I'll be looking forward to Lizzy's birthday, which is the next one on the calendar for the Sanchez family.

- Some of you will remember the blog entry that I wrote about perspective. In that blog, I mentioned having to go to the mechanic's with the end result being that I shared the gospel with them. Yesterday, I went over to Garden Grove to get some tires for our car. This time, it was my turn to be ministered to. My friend Alex Gonzalez set me up with the tires and then spoke into my life. It was great to be there with a trusted brother, and to receive some honest wisdom. Alex, thank you for being such a great friend and a great encouragement to me.

- I am on session #3 of my new study in the life of Paul and have been really enjoying what the Lord has been speaking to me and the men from Kingsfield Church. You can check out the notes and discussion questions here. They are updated every Tuesday, usually by the afternoon. What has been most impressive has been the thought that there are Sauls all around us, diamonds in the rough, who are just about to be Pauls. Whoever your Saul is: Don't give up!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: