Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Keeping You Posted

Hello All,

I just wanted to give you a quick update on things around the Sanchez home. Things are close to getting back to normal. We are currently weighing ministry offers that have come to us. Sometime next week, we hope to have made a decision. Lela and I are blessed by the offers that we have, as they all serve to benefit our family in wonderful ways, and give us the opportunity to continue to grow in the things of the Lord. Lela is busy daily with the kids and the things of the house. In an attempt to help give them (Lela and the kids) a settled feeling, I have spent most of my time helping with that endeavor. We have never spent so much time at Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Target in our entire lives!

Renae is doing very well in school. She really enjoys The Packinghouse Academy. On President's day, she got a chance to enjoy her first American holiday. She complained that she wanted to go to school and wondered why there had to be holidays! I thought I would write that down, as I am sure the tenor of her complaints will be quite different in a few years!

Caleb has finally gotten over his time of sickness. The flu bug seemed to hit him the hardest of the three. This last week, he has rebounded with the usual joy that is his signature. His belly laughs and his unforgettable comments are becoming more commonplace as he continues to feel better.

Elizabeth is still a thief when it comes to candies, chocolates or soda! We cannot leave her alone for a second! The other day, I had brought Lela a short mocha from Starbucks. Lela left it on the counter, alone in the room with Elizabeth. Yes, you guessed it: Lela came back to pick up her drink, only to find it empty and Lizzy unusually full!

These are our days recently. We are trying to get back to normal, and that is slowly happening, though it has been difficult. We appreciate you checking in on us and writing to us. That has been a real blessing, as we also feel a tad bit disconnected. Lord willing, that will be rectified soon.

Well, that's all for now. I think that I have 2 more blog entries in me regarding the lessons that I learned while I was a missionary, but I wanted to take a moment to let you know what is happening with us.

We love you all and are so thankful for your ministry to us over this last year and a half especially. Hopefully, we will all get the chance to see each other soon.

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: