Sunday, December 31, 2006

"Quien Dice Espana, Dice Todo!"

Hello All,

With the holidays fully encompassing us, even here in Spain, I have been a little out of touch. My apologies to those who check in with us quite often. Today, I plan on adding at least 2 more blog entries to finish out this year and catch you up with what has been taking place.

The quote above is from a book that I referenced earlier in the year on Spanish history which I have read and enjoyed entitled, "Spain, The Root & The Flower." This quote which says in English, "He who says Spain, says it all" refers mainly to the landscape of Spain, but is also applicable to the infamous pride of the Spaniard. This is expressed mostly about their region, but also extends to their nation's accomplishments. I have seen this in action many times, as I have been told about the greatness of the langauge of Spain, the greatness of Andalucia, the greatness of musical talent here, etc. And I must say, that they have some legitimate arguments on most accounts. For example, Paco De Lucia is one of the finest guitar players I have ever heard, and he is from Alegeciras, which is here in the southern portion of Spain, known as Andalucia.

Now, here are two more items from which to boast.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn10843-europes-largest-dinosaur-unearthed-in-spain.html

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/worlds-oldest-new-mom-bears-twins/20061230153509990002

It seems to me that the saying might have some validity after all!

Blessings To The Friends Of Spain,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: