Thursday, December 21, 2006

"Ah, Me Lucky Charms!"

Hello All,

I thought I would share this with you, as I found it somewhat amusing. I was talking with Carlos this morning about a visitor that we have to our church. He comes every once in a while and takes in the worship and the message. He is one of about 4 visitors that make it in every once in a while. Last night, he made another appearance, sat through the service and my teaching, translation and all, talked with Carlos and was on his way. He was cordial and friendly as always.

This morning, Carlos relayed to me what he told him before he left. He had come to Church because everytime he has done so, to quote him, "God has given him favor." The last time he came was right before he had his written driver's test and then he passed it. Today, he has the actual driving test, so he came last night! (By the way, there are about 50,000 autoescuelas in this city and the tests are "very subjective" to put it nicely!)

Before Carlos relayed this information to me, we had been at a stop light and a guy on a moped rapped on the passenger side window. Aside from scaring me to death, he talked about wanting to get to church sometime soon. Of course, Carlos told him the service times and he seemed to be genuinely interested in coming to visit soon. This is an oft repeated scene when I am out with Carlos. Carlos is such a friendly guy that many people are genuinely interested in visiting.

This is the plowing that has to be done. Little by little, people are getting to know the church and are hearing what things go on inside her walls. All are welcome for whatever motivation that inclines them to enter our doors. And ironically, we would love them to have favor from the Lord for having done so! I hope he passes his test and I hope he comes back for more! I'll keep you posted.

Blessings To The Friends Of Spain,
Frank Sanchez

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont' get the lucky charms part.
lenne

Frank And Lela said...

Lenna,

Your too young! It's a commercial...these tiny marshmallows in ze cereal...so when kids eat it they will think: "Look, I'm having fun..." Nevermind!

Blessings,
F.S.

Crawfizzle said...

I agree wikth Lenna! :)

Frank And Lela said...

Doht, doht, doht!? (The call of Crawdads everywhere!)