Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Some Things Bear Repeating

Hello All,

This morning at the Morning Fill, I spoke about the need to seize spiritual authority. As men, and really, as Christians, we are to recognize that authority has been given to us by God, for a certain audience, in hopes of seeing Christ "formed" in those that surround us. That word "formed" in Galatians 4:19 means to "morph." Defined and expanded, the lexicon deals with it this way: "A mind and life in complete harmony with the mind and life of Christ." Therefore, it is my desire as a Christian to see this take place through my life toward others. I wrote this in my sermon:

"When I see you in complete submission to Christ, willing to assume responsibility for His Kingdom, walking successfully in the things of God, reproducing that work in others lives around you, then I will be able to rest!"

For my wife, my kids, my immediate family, the Men's group at Kingsfield, this is my desire. It has been my desire for many years. Looking back upon those early days of Junior High ministry, then on into College ministry at the Packinghouse, I can turn back with joy and see so many who are fulfulling my joy and I am thankful for each of them. I agree with the Apostle John, who wrote, "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." (III John 3:1-3)

Along those lines, I received a wonderful email from one of my very first Junior High students this last week in my Facebook email. Check out what she wrote to me and Lela:

"I think about you and Lela all the time and how it is amazing how the Lord used you in having a long term impact on my life. I'm now a Jr. High leader at _______Church and pray that God will use me in my girls' lives the way He used you both in mine!"

I just about lost it when I read this. My heart was thrilled to see that God had used Lela and I to influence this wonderful girl's heart! This is the best reward this side of heaven that any Pastor can receive and I am sure that she does not know how encouraging and timely her note was...probably until now. (Thank you so much!)

There is nothing better than to be able to look back and see what God has done. Of parralel wonder is to look sideways and see what God IS DOING with those you have sown into. Many no longer lag behind in spiritual things, but are in all ways, fellow laborers in the things of God. To look over and respect as peers, those who I once had the privilege of serving, is a great gift that will hold me over a few more years!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

this was encouraging... :)