Tuesday, March 23, 2010

30,000 Visitors?

Hello All,

I just wanted to commemorate this moment. As of today, we had our 30,000th visitor to our little space on the web. That is pretty cool considering we have lived in several different places and have gone long periods of time without updating the site. Additionally, we have only had the counter about a year and half out of the last 4 years that we have been doing this.

On the other side of the coin, the numbers might be a little skewed, in that we discovered not too long ago that the counter was also counting when we visited ourselves! So every time I came to post, then re-post or edit a post, it counted me. Whenever Lela came by to check for comments it counted her. And whenever I got a few comments going, like the infamous El Burrito discussion, I was counted each time I commented back. Basically, what I am saying is, that Lela and I might be responsible for 29,000 of those visits!

The good news is that we have isolated our ip addresses (we had 5 or 6 different addresses assigned to us!) and the counter no longer counts us ("Are you saying we don't count!? Yes!" The conversation in my mind...). From here on out, we have a pure system that only counts you!

So what do you have to look forward to seeing in the next several months? All I will say is "more of the same!" Of course, I'd love to expand to whole other areas of weblife and am thinking about a podcast...we'll see what develops. In any event, I hope that you will continue to drop by from time to time. Whoever all of you are, thanks for stopping by and caring about what might be happening with the Sanchez Family!

Here's to the next 30,000!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: