Sunday, April 11, 2010

Our First Sunday

Hello All,

Our first Sunday is in the books and it was a great start to what I pray will be a long succession of great Sundays. This entire adventure is a brand new experience for me. I have never been on the ground floor of anything. To be doing that now, in my hometown of Colton, is surreal. In many ways, I am thoroughly familiar with Colton and in other ways, I feel as though I never lived there. I know how to get around and have been in many of it's places, but to feel at home in Colton has alluded me.

Ironically, that is a little of what I felt personally on Sunday. I have been in church every Sunday for what feels like a thousand years. Yet, it feels so different when it's a little baby just learning how to be! To exacerbate the feeling, we were meeting in a new place, with a new set-up routine. It was familiar and completely foreign at the same time.

Thankfully, the group that has gathered around this ministry is gifted with a servant's heart. Each member just got to it like they have been doing it for years! I was amazed at the chemistry and the ease that seemed to carry us. It blesses me to know that God has brought such likeminded souls together.

Things were up and running and it was time to pray. We stood together and dedicated the morning to the Lord who has called us. This was all for Him, in order to bring an offering of praise and honor to Him.

After prayer, the people trickled in, including some dear friends from Orange County who made the hour plus drive to join us! I was floored by their gesture of love. It meant so much to me personally to see these people that have been a huge part of my life over the last few years, come and join in this inaugural moment of this church. I will never be able to convey my appreciation to them fully, but I will say from the bottom of my heart: Thank you!

From there, we did what you are supposed to do. We read, prayed, worshipped, and studied the Word of God. Our first Sunday saw 45 adults come, 10 children, and 2 captive audience center workers! The number that made it all worth it was the number 1. That's the number of people who received Christ as their Savior! What a joy it was to get a party going in heaven! As the Pastor, I pray that this is simply one of a horde of people that will give their lives to Christ over these next years.

The best part about Sunday is that I can't wait to do it again! To those who have been in on this from the beginning, who have made Thursday night what it is, I am so grateful that the Lord has joined us together. I pray that we will see greater things than we can ask or imagine!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

1 comment:

Carrie Allen said...

VERY cool!! I am thinking of moving to Colton to attend the church ;)