Friday, April 14, 2006

A Report On Santa Semana

Hello All -

Well, it seems that the weather really calmed the religious fervor of Santa Semana. We got a healthy rainstorm here in Jerez tonight, which kept us from venturing out, and from the look of the parking situation in our area, we were not alone! So, I am unable to provide you with an eyewitness account of the religious pageantry that normally occurs in this week. To be honest, I am kind of glad. I did not have a good expectation about what might have been seen, especially for the kids, who might have been a bit scared by the whole thing! So, I am glad on that account.

As for our plans, I am currently working on my first Resurrection message. In all my time at Redlands, I can't remember ever giving one! Kind of sad on one hand, but on the other, I feel excited to be putting my first one together. It has been a good time of study, as I am experiencing afresh the excitement of the Resurrection and it's integral part in the presentation of the Gospel. I look forward to all that the Lord gives to me over the next 24 hours.

Other than that, we are jet lagging pretty hard. Aside from that, we are so happy to be here among our church family.

Blessings to all the friends of Spain,
F.S.

No comments: