Friday, February 05, 2010

Moving Day Reflections

Hello All,

It's late...well, not really. It's just that we moved today and it feels like several days have been crammed into one. Those who have moved before know what I mean. The packing, the lifting, the tie-downs, the plastic for rain coverage and the slow drive between houses are all par for the course. Then, just when you think it's all done, you go back and find 20 things that you forgot to take with you! You swear that you have no idea where all this stuff came from, but without a doubt, it is in fact your stuff and it must go to the new place.

When you settle into a home, you imagine that you'll be there as long as you possibly can, especially on the day of your move. On that day, there is nobody on Earth that could convince you to move again! For us, this is our second household move in 2 months! (For those just joining us, check out this post for our reasoning...) And as this is our 2nd move in as many months, I am here to tell you tonight that it just never gets old! :-) But that feeling of being done and looking forward to your first "whatever" is a great one, thus, this is my first transmission in the new "old house" era! Here are a few appreciative thoughts. I really appreciate:

• My family. Grandpa and Grandma Finfrock took our little ones for an overnighter last night so that we could pack and ready ourselves for the move. Then, tonight, Grandma Sanchez watched them while we cleaned up just a little more. Add in that my Dad and brother Mike lent their backs today and my Aunt April lent her cleaning skills and surprise paintbrush just two days ago. I cannot overstate how thankful I am to be near our families again! I just love it!

• Every Lopez that joined us today. 3 Lopez', 2 families! A big thank you to Mike Lopez for his awesome skills and for literally saving our entertainment center after I nearly crushed my own finger! And a huge "thank you" to Steve and Mary Jane, who blessed us immensely with their attention to detail and incredible thoughtfulness in ridding our home of any allergen that might have traveled over with us or hid out in places we would have neglected to look!

• Friends that stood at the ready to lend a hand if needed. I was happy to be able to let some people off the hook, but it blessed me that they were standing by! Thank you guys and gals!

• The hot flowing lava shower with appropriate, tall person shower height! I think I said it all there!

• My amazing wife, whose strength is only superceded by her great beauty! A move is difficult for anyone. For a Mom, a move is a nightmare of details that cannot be understood by just anyone. Lela manages to handle each move with grace and a good deal of humor! Tonight, I really appreciate her. I don't think I could have married anyone else with the same fortitude and I'm sure that I would not have found one that could have handled what we have in the last 5 years of our lives!

• An allergy free environment. Renae has reported that she is currently free of stomach aches, dizziness and running nose! Elizabeth also seems to be free! Thank you Lord!

• The warm bed that now beckons me come and sleep!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well-wishes over this current move. As always, we sincerely appreciate each of you.

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

2 comments:

Anna said...

Frank... you almost make me cry! Beautiful words but I know them to be true aswell! You do have a wonderful wife. I really hope you'll enjoy your new home! Blessings
/Anna (Mia's sister:))

Frank And Lela said...

Anna!

Sorry I missed your comment! Thanks for dropping by. I hope that things are going well for you in Sweden. Prayerfully, we'll all get to hang again together someday!

Blessings,
Frank