Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things That I LOVE!

Hello All,

I was just musing about the things that I love about life. I don't know why I began to think about these things, but the more that I considered these things, the more excited and grateful I am for the life that I have. Perhaps compiling a similar list would promote the same things in you. Perhaps you might have things that I SHOULD love that would further increase this feeling. I will present them in no particular order after the first few things. I love...

• My family. I could blog about my wife and kids just about every day. There is nothing better than being Lela's husband and Renae, Caleb and Elizabeth's dad! When we're all on the couch, watching anything, tickling, etc., I am more content than I ever believed possible!

• Our parents/extended family. The support that they have given to us over these last 5 years cannot be measured for it's greatness. Our siblings, our aunts and uncles have tendered unbelievable love toward us. Aside from that, they are amazing people to be around. Every time we are together, there is as much thought as there are laughs. This is truly a rare blessing in our world.

• God's Word. I know that as a Pastor, I am supposed to say that! The Word is my job, what I am on this earth to promote. However, there is nothing more satisfying, intellectually, spiritually and emotionally, than the deep study of God's Word. I am thankful for the men in my life, whose sermons and excellent work in the scriptures continue to benefit me on a regular basis. People like Pastors Ed Rea, Charles Swindoll, Damian Kyle, James McDonald, John Macarthur and Alistair Begg. Posthumous credit must be given to Charles Spurgeon, G.Campbell Morgan and Francis Schaeffer.

• Thursday Nights. The Bible study that we are doing is such a great source of joy for me personally. To see a group of likeminded, mature believers gathered together to enjoy the presence of the Lord and offer a spiritual sacrifice of worship is wonderful. I look forward to every Thursday night.

• Great food. My wife, since tuning into the Food Network, has been on a roll in this department.

• Great music. Chick Corea, Paco De Lucia, Vinnie Colaiuta, Carles Benavent, and all my iTunes library...I love it!

• Kind people. Last night at the store, a woman with a cart full of groceries let me go in front of her, as I only had 2 items. Then when it backfired, as the checker needed to go unlock something to get my final item (a gift card), she laughed and said, "This gives me the opportunity to read a bit more of this magazine!" Let's spread this people!

That's enough for now. I hope that you find the things that you love the most today, and thank Him for the gift that He has given you.

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

No comments: