Monday, October 05, 2009

A Little Us Time

Hello All,

As I mentioned in my last blog entry, I have focused much of my energy lately on news relating to the new Bible study that I am teaching in Colton. Unfortunately, that has taken away from the family focus. So, in the spirit of balancing things out, here is a little update on what's happening with the family.

The Cat's Pajamas
We have been living with the Finfrock family over this last month and in that time, a new litter of kittens was born. There were six. Now there are three. Of course, that means that each of the kids has their own personal kitty. Renae has "Golden Rivers." Elizabeth, lacking a little in the creative department, chose to name her kitty "Salara." And my personal favorite, Caleb's is named "Army Droid Cat!"

The names have changed quite a bit, but they names of reflective of the solid gender line between the girls and the boy!

I will say that these kitties have brought great joy to our kids and have provided them with some great recreational time. Unfortunately, the kitties are traumatized and cannot wait for us to find a new place to live, in their little cat minds, preferably a non-cat friendly environment! Otherwise, the cats may be in for some prolonged exposure to our children. Good for the kids; bad for the cats!

Home Meet School
Since we are currently in another transition, we felt that it would be a bit unfair for the kids to
have to begin school somewhere, only to be ripped out again when a more permanent solution was found. As a result, Lela checked online to see if she could find free home school for the kids and as always, my resourceful wife found it! She got the kids signed up and registered just in time.

For the most part, this has been a great decision. Both Renae and Caleb are doing really well. Lela works with Caleb and my mother-in-law, Debbie, works with Renae for several hours in the morning.

When we move, we may opt to return the kids to school, which would be great for their social needs, as well as our needs for sanity. But, one thing has been clear: We love to see our kids growing and doing well. That has been the trade off at this point, and we are happy to make that trade for now.

Renae Just Keeps Getting Older!
This last month, Renae celebrated her 8th birthday! It's hard to believe that she is 8 years old. I
still remember when...oh, I sound like an old man! She continues to be a very thoughtful, bright and insightful little girl, who always has her Daddy's heart in her hands. I have loved watching her recover from all the little physical maladies that she suffered at infancy, as well as the mental difficulties of the upheaval that she has experienced. Today, she is much more well adjusted, laughing easier and trusting more. I have even watched her embrace the performer's limelight, something that had been anathema to her not that long ago.

On her birthday, we were granted entrance into Disneyland by a friend from Kingsfield Church. Renae got to enjoy her birthday, Caleb got to be trained by a Jedi Knight and Lizzy got to enjoy all the fast rides! It was a perfect day, made much more so by the wonderful smile of my little 8 year old!

Phone Home
We are beginning to look for a place to live and are looking in the Loma Linda area. Suffice it to say, there are a million little dynamics involved. Please pray that the Lord would lead us as we begin our search. Over the years, I have watched God answer my wife's prayers for places to live with great specificity. (He seems to really love her!) When we were in Spain, the place we got to live in was in perfect accordance with Lela's requests. I am sure that He will have no problem meeting those desires again. He has yet to fail us!

Blessings...To Our Friends,
Frank Sanchez

4 comments:

Jeff and Aimee said...

Yay! Exciting things are happening for the Sanchezes!

Carrie Allen said...

I miss you guys! I am glad to hear that things are going well. I have also been praying for your parents and brothers lately, as I am sure you guys are all still missing Leah terribly.

Hopefully I will see you sooner than later!

Megan said...

hey guys- so glad to read all the updates. Miss you!

Patty said...

What cute kitties. It was bitter sweet to hear that one of them is named Salara. We miss our Salara. Ahnas still prays for her safe return. After all, she was his first pet. And although I don't miss getting woke up at 4am to go outside, I do miss my early morning quiet time buddy.